CPM Century Extrusion, a designer and manufacturer of twin screw co-rotating compounding extruders, has a career opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer / Component Design / CAM CNC Programmer that is both challenging and rewarding.
This position supports engineering/manufacturing thru two roles, component design & CAM CNC programming.
For component design: the focus is to provide design and project support for multiple current and future company supported product lines.
For CAM CNC programming: the focus is to support selected manufacturing areas, through CNC programming support and manufacturing process development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering Technology or related field.
- Five Years Design Experience in a Manufacturing Environment.
- 2 years solid modeling experience, preferably Autodesk Inventor.
- 2 years CAM CNC programming experience.
- Experience designing and modeling components, small and large assemblies.
- The selected candidate will drive our programming processes using the company supported CAM software and tooling knowledge database to create feature driven automated tool paths for our various product lines.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office products.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Advantages would be:
- Project management experience.
- Experience using a PDM product such as Autodesk Vault.
- CAM training or experience, preferably using Esprit.
- Prior application of Lean Manufacturing or Lean Office principles.